Exp. Update 0.71.00 is an update for Stranded Deep released on May 15, 2020.
This build features the new End Game Scenario!
After much thought, we have decided to release the end game scenario on the experimental branch in its current state. Please be aware that our original plan was to release the end-game scenario after external QA testing as part of our final updates. We wanted to release it that way, instead of our usual experimental-->stable release cycle, as we felt it didn't make sense for such a high-impact scenario that needs to work right 1st time and isn't something that gets played over and over... However, there have been some strong opinions on the forum from some players who disagree and want it now. Ultimately, we’ve decided that the choice should be yours… We’re still in the shake-down process, tidying the loose ends and polishing the final sequence. Also note that there is a chance a future update could break any progress made towards completing the end-game. But disclaimers aside -- we’re excited to share it with you as we think it’s a pretty cool scenario that ties everything together. We’re also excited to hear what you think about the end sequence and any theories!
The new end game zone will be generated when creating a new world in the Cartographer. If you have an existing world and save file and don't want to create a new world, we've added the end game map as workshop content here: (guide not included here)
Subscribe to this content and it will appear in your Community Maps in the Cartographer. Drag it into your existing world like any other map :)
- Added new End Game Scenario!
- Added new Starting Crate unlocked by completing the end game.
- Added new Sunscreen item to starting crate.
- Added new Rubber Duck item to starting crate.
- Added new Flashlight item to starting crate.
- Added new Machete item to starting crate.
- Added new Carbon Speargun item to starting crate.
- Added new Carbon Speargun Arrows item to starting crate.
- Changed Gyrocopter Part to only spawn on the end game carrier.
- Fixed World Zones not aborting loading if player leaves before zone is finished loading.
Depending on the complexity of the previous zone, a player could be well into another zone before the previous zone has been unloaded and the current zone starts loading..
- Fixed World Seed allowing seeds with less than 8 digits.
- Fixed Intro not waiting until all assets have loaded in. This fixes some players appearing briefly in the ocean when starting a new game.
- Fixed Intro audio SFX volume not using audio settings.
- Fixed Mouse/Controller movement not always being frame-rate independent.
- Fixed Flock Audio not allowing other sound effects to play.
- Fixed Flock Audio not updating position when flocks migrate out.
- Fixed Flocks not appearing when travelling to new islands.